It is not recommended that you expose any of our hard drive products to temperatures outside the range of 5°C (41°F) to 45°C (104°F). Doing so may damage the drive. Also, avoid placing your drive near a source of heat or exposing it to sunlight (even through a window).
Never expose your device to rain, use it near water, or in damp or wet conditions. Doing so increases the risk of electrical shock, short-circuiting, fire or personal injury.
Always unplug the hard drive from the electrical outlet if there is a risk of lightning or if it will be unused for an extended period of time.
Do not place heavy objects on top of the drive or use excessive force on it. Never use benzene, paint thinners, detergent or other chemical products to clean the outside of the device. Instead, use a soft, dry cloth to wipe the device.
Always operate your drive on a steady, level surface. Do not move the unit while it's turned on.
Plug your drive into a grounded electrical outlet. The use of "ground-defeating" adapters can cause damage not covered by your warranty.
Do not open your MicroNet drive or attempt to disassemble or modify it. Never Insert any metallic object into the drive to avoid any risk of electrical shock, fire, short-circuiting or dangerous emissions. Your drive contains no user serviceable parts. If it appears to be malfunctioning, contact MicroNet Support.